AMGA Rock Guide
To enter the program you must have a strong technical rock climbing background in a variety of rock types and climbing disciplines.
To get your Rock Guide Certification, you must complete:
- The 10-day Rock Guide Course (RGC)
- The 10-day Advanced Rock Guide Course & Aspirant Exam (ARGC/AE)
- The 6-day Rock Guide Exam (RGE)
- Current CPR Certification
- Current Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Certification [simple_tooltip content=’Higher training needs to be approved by the AMGA Medical Director – examples of acceptable training include: Emergency Medical Technician or Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician’] or higher[/simple_tooltip] that meets the Minimum Guidelines and Scope of Practice for a WFR
[accplus id=”448″] [/accplus]
Rock Programs Schedule
- 2022 Application and Notification Deadlines are below
- For information on how to apply to a program and how applications are reviewed, click here
- For the complete AMGA Course Schedule, click here
[upcoming_programs type=”25,15,26″ collapse=”true”]
Application and Notification Deadlines
- The application deadline is when your complete application is due.
- The notification deadline is the latest date you will be contacted in regard to your enrollment.
- Applications received after the application deadline will be reviewed on a rolling admission.
[table id=68 responsive=”phone” /]