AMGA Multi-Pitch Instructor
New in 2020 – the Multi-Pitch Instructor Course & Exam prepares candidates to guide multi-pitch climbs up to 4 pitches in length (not to exceed 400 ft total) that are not remote in nature, and have simple approaches and descents with minimal short-roping. This program has an emphasis on providing a great client experience while adequately managing risk for both the client and the guide.
To get your Multi-Pitch Instructor Certification, you must complete:
- The 3-day SPI Course
- The 2-day SPI Assessment (Note: SPI Cert must be valid at the time of the MPI Course and Exam)
- The 10-day Rock Guide Course
- The 8-day Multi-Pitch Instructor Course and Exam
- Have a current CPR Certification
- Have a current Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Certification [simple_tooltip content=’Higher training needs to be approved by the AMGA Medical Director – examples of acceptable training include: Emergency Medical Technician or Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician’] or higher[/simple_tooltip] that meets the Minimum Guidelines and Scope of Practice for a WFR
UPDATES AND FAQS ABOUT THE MULTI-PITCH INSTRUCTOR COURSE & EXAM: HERE
Multi-Pitch Instructor Programs Schedule
- 2021 Application and Notification Deadlines are below
- For information on how to apply to a program and how applications are reviewed, click here
- For the complete AMGA Course Schedule, click here
[upcoming_programs type=”25,55″ collapse=”true”]
Application and Notification Deadlines
- The application deadline is when your complete application is due.
- The notification deadline is the latest date you will be contacted in regard to your enrollment.
- Applications received after the application deadline will be reviewed on a rolling admission.
[table id=68 responsive=”phone” /]